What on earth does that mean? In real estate, it means what the “first impression” of your property will be to potential buyers. A well-kept yard, free of debris generally gives the impression of a clean and orderly property. Some buyers will not even look at the inside of a property if their first impression is not favorable.
SO…if you are considering selling your house, here are some tips for a GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION.
- Patch any bare spots of lawn.
- Get rid of weeds.
- If your yard is sparse, consider adding a few well-placed shrubs. Trim any hedges that you already have.
- Add some colorful flowers, such as petunias.
- Flowers in pots add color and can be taken with you.
- Repaint any peeling or chipped paint.
- Repair broken or torn screens.
- Make sure the front door says “WELCOME HOME”, maybe a fresh coat of paint and a new door mat.